Thursday, November 23, 2006

bonsai banzai

my okasan has recently befriended a 'botanist" at her workplace. so she has been bringing home all kinds of plants and kept bugging my otosan to buy soil and more pots to plant them.


yup. so my otosan was just nagging about it, saying that he's not so free to upkeep a garden unless he's retired and got nothing better to do.

come to think of it. it's true lor. when i walk to the MRT, i'll pass by this flat unit at the ground floor and i see this ah pek snipping the leaves of bonsai and keeping a little orchard consisting of sunflowers, papaya trees, promegranate plant and a small banana tree. being enthuz about plants myself, i once tried to snap a few pics using my handphone cam until i caught sight of the ah pek looking at me suspiciously.
anyway, some pics of the recent additions to my corridor garden.. okie.. they don't look like anything.. yet. i can't tell what species they are and they better be nice lor after all the effort.

oh. and check out my precious cactus which has grown quite a bit except it has been growing a bit in the wrong direction. ya..so that explains the chopsticks and rifle..

No comments: