Saturday, January 08, 2011

2011 is here.

so much to do, so little time.

It's 2011. When I was 18, I felt like 21 years old was a long way. Upon hitting 21, I felt that life was fast forwarded without my permission. Like harlo. Please, it's my life, how come never get my approval? And yes, time is the probably the only thing that's zooming by, regardless whether you like it or not, how you live that second, and there's really no such thing as turning back time. So for 2011, my resolution is to live better and hopefully with no regrets. Less of .... "i should haves.. " and more of "Yes, this is how I want my life to be."

You can replay though, looking back at how you have lived your life. This I do religiously through my love for photography. Our memory does not keep up with time and we need pictures to help us relive that one time in our lives.

I can feel age catching up. My knees seem to be getting cranky now and I'm afraid to do jogging. I get aches and cramps here now and then. My digestive system seems to occasionally hold mini demonstrations as well.

Naturally, another 2011 resolution - to take better care of myself and reduce that stress on my knees before they bust. Now I know what old people mean by saying... dun think you are young you can do anything... the effects will come as you age.

Looking back... the highlights and ups and downs of 2010:
1) first backpacking trip in my life to vietnam with ES.
2) ES proposed on my bday and I accepted it like so desperately. haha. I demand for another makeup proposal.
3) ES's mum suffered a stroke putting our emotions on a rollercoaster ride. The adaptation after definitely wasn't an easy situation to get used to. But she's on a long but stable recovery process. :)
4) Spent my first white christmas in Zhang Jia Jie
5) May Day Concert in April!
6) My work portfolio underwent a major overhaul and the months of adaptation was 'memorable.'
7) Had the first BBQ with SMAB in 17 years of our friendship. That's really a feat.

Hmm. that's all I can recall and yes, should be the highlights since these are the memories which sprung up immediately.

2011 will be better. I will make sure it happens!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha..nd i tot i was da oni one (on proposal) i shld demand a makeup too! Em