Monday, May 14, 2007

私に誕生日おめでと!~

one of my p1 kid came up to me today and told me it was his birthday. so i just wished him happy birthday.

later on in the day, when i see him again, he said he hopes the whole class can sing him a birthday song.. omg! haha.. quite shocking to come from him coz he has this global slow illness thingy which makes him slower than other children, not as witty or alert. his legs are quite weak too so he likes me to hold his hand when i bring them around.. kinda dependent i feel coz he's not confident of himself and also his mum takes such good care of him and that contributes to his dependency on others.
so..back to the topic.. yep. so i got the whole class to sing a birthday song for him and he stood there basking in the joy in celebration of his special day. i was standing beside him trying to absorb some of the well wishes coz my tanjobi is tomorrow.haha..cheap thrill..

when i saw his parents who came to fetch him, i told them about what he did. they were so surprised and amused and amazed that he had the courage to voice it out and make such a request. so they found out something new about their boy today. heh.

As my stint in the teaching field is coming to a close, I applaud all parents out there.. and double the applause for all teachers.


No comments: