Friday, April 06, 2007

contradictory..not by choice.

was just reminded of how the interviewers sniggered when they knew i was teaching mother tongue aka. chinese language. he looked at me disbelievingly and asked me "are u sure?" well, i'm dam sure since i've been teaching MT for like 8 mths liao... duh. he asked if chinese was my forte.. i replied yes. and he sniggered, this time adding that MOE must be really desperate.

is it just coz i don't look like a MT teacher? or I don't speak like one leh? MT teachers don't have to wear those scary black-rimmed specs (@_@ ) and speak with a cheena accent lor. haiz..cannot blame him coz alot of my friends were shocked when they knew i would be teaching chinese. most of them think that i don't sound like one. yes..and pupils kept telling me I should be an EMS (eng-math-science) teacher...waaa..deciding my career path for me?! tkk.

maybe the story goes back to my schooling years...come to think of it, i've been a contradictory individual all along.

一、i played netball..and was the President of Chinese Calligraphy Club in sec school and secretary in JC..

二、hung out with eat-potato-type sharon san, zhen and becca but listened only listened to 933FM and took higher chinese in JC (but did badly in it.. but actually scored better in GP than sharon san and becca....waaa!haha)

三、crazy over BSB and Eric Suen Yao Wei.

四、Became a MT sensei against all odds and still finds it a real hassle to type in chinese.

五、Too sporty and english looking to be a MT sensei, what my fellow colleagues always comment about. my qn: chinese teachers must look frail like 林黛玉meh?

六、Am crazy over jason mraz and mayday currently. haha.

errr... I think people should just accept the fact that i'm so super effectively bilingual. haha. oops.

mochi says: i want a 3rd identity...nihon jin desu...!(^_^)v BUT first..i gotta brush up my pathetic jap..(-_-ll)

No comments: