Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Long awaited rest..redeemed!

I love running errands on week days. It seemed like the malls and streets belonged to me.Me and ES spent the Sun and Mon at Pan Pac Orchard. We became town kids for that 2 days. Quite fun as we know that we can watch late night movies without having to worry missing the last train back.

The hotel pool was virtually empty except for a gay couple who were just loitering at the edges of the pool with only their toes in the water. The other one basically posed along the sides of the pool showing off his steel pac bod. We had some good exercise and the indoor jacuzzi, sauna, steam room were all ours...for the 2 days!! cools.

Caught Harry Potter too, nothing fantastic as I always tell friends that I watch Harry coz the whole world is watching it and also coz ES loves fantasy films. Not really my movie genre though. Looking forward to Sandra Bullock's "The Proposal" and Ashton Kutcher's "Personal Effects".

Stole some time to visit Ikea and Courts too and broke my piggy bank on a Sealy Queen sized mattress and bed frame. Woohoooo. The sudden decision to buy a new bed was coz of the chiropractor's advice, time to put away my 17 years mattress and pillow away to make way for a better one like Sealy, Simmons or King Koil.

Hearing that the doc is encouraging me to spend money, my mum defended that my mattress is branded. I didn't even knew I had a branded mattress. She proclaimed with gusto that it is....... Rabbit Brand. Like LV, it's RB. You should see the doc's amused face. I told the doc to ignore her.

Anyway, I'm so awaiting the arrival of the bed. My back and shoulder ache is really getting on my nerves. It's either due to age or poor quality mattress. I'd rather believe it's the latter. Back to work tomorrow. oooh. Department Prawning & seafood dinner at Bottle Tree Park tomorrow! A good reason to embrace Thursday.

~nice room but the view is nothing compared to Pan Pac Marina. Oh, for UOB card members, you can get the premium deluxe room (or above) at $100 off the price for weekend staycation. So we paid $150 per night instead of usual $250. Also, dining at 10claymore restaurant in the hotel is at a 30% off for all days and meals with any credit card! amazing. We had our lunch buffet for $24 bucks each. Not too bad for pan pac. Food is not that fantastic though I must say. Service is superb. heh.~

~ my getaway theme: Pink. everything was in shades of pink, including my hello kitty bag which I won in hello kitty land in japan. ~

~ ES made these oatmeal choc chip cookies. The heart shaped ones failed according to him. The shape gave way to become normal round cookies. hah. ok la...good effort! i'm still trying to finish them...burp.~

~ the sucky view from outside my room... no view actually.haha.~

1 comment:

zhen said...

hahhahahaha, you want cheap and good and all meals included, can try quincy... that one i cannot rem how much but you juz pay one price, get three full meals a day plus cocktails plus free wi-fi...