Saturday, January 12, 2008

traumatic friday

quite a heart wrenching sight when i saw my colleague clutching her chest and throwing herself back and forth on her chair. thought she was joking initially till we saw tears streaming down her face with agony. i ran to get warm water for her but when i got back to her cubicle, she was already semi conscious complaining in blurps that she couldn't breathe and her chest is killing her. my assistant manager ann was pretty calm and kept asking her to breathe in deeply and not panic. i held onto her hand for assurance but basically i was at a loss.

i got out of the cubicle before i started sobbing uncontrollably, scolding the ambulance as i did..the ambulance was taking too long to arrive.. 25 min we clocked. 25 min! anyone would have died lor.. she was sent to hospital and everyone went back to work praying for her. what a way to start a friday. she's fine now but since has happened a few times before, she should get a 2nd opinion coz the doc told her that her heartbeat was fine and all.. gave her some medication and she was discharged.

I so cannot be a nurse, doctor or any other medical personnel..too emotional.. i cringe at the sight of blood and injections. mere descriptions of the process will do the trick as well. I remember how I fainted upon seeing my grandma remove her stitches at the clinic. I ended up being the one taking a rest on the bed sipping warm water with my ah ma looking at how useless i am.

she was my kaki at work so i was exceptionally worried.. got me thinking how i would cope if anything happens to my loved ones.. hmmm.. i probably can't.

No comments: