Sunday, November 01, 2009

31 Oct - Happy Birthday ES!

Happy Birthday ES! Yup, he's my halloween baby. I get quite excited everytime I think of cooking something new. Yes, lazy but still managed to move my butt to cold storage to get that ribeye for dinner. oh, and that's my fave strawberry shortcake from fourleaves. haha.. it's more to satisfy my craving. But it IS nice. The kitties intro it to me.haha.

Steaks are amazingly easy to cook. The best is if you can marinate it overnight with loads of herbs, black pepper, salt, a dash of sugar and olive oil. I only managed to marinate it for 3 hours but it tasted good too coz I guess anything taste yummy when it's fresh. The honey mustard potato salad to me was yucky. Maybe the boiling and peeling of potatos really irked me too much for me to enjoy it. Trust me, the cook is usually too tired to enjoy the meal.
The carrots were an attempt to smuggle some veggie into ES's meal. Next time, just stick to the safe but boring mayo potato mochi san. ES liked it though. I think he's just hungry. The garlic prawns were done to ES's request. YUMMY.

No comments: