Friday, November 27, 2009

Dummies guide to Root Canal

I don't have enough time already and my tooth HAD to give me problems like NOW.

It's confirmed. Mochi had gone thru her first root canal. Many more to come since my teeth are weaklings. The ache was unbearable and I approached the dentist early in the bright morning of haji to give him business. I enquired how long the root canal can last and the dentist jokingly but sarcastically asked ," If I tell you 2 years, will you do?" I nodded. "If I tell you 10 years, will you do? " I nodded as well. He said my concerns were inmaterial and told me to choose the obvious solution. wth. got scolded somemore for pondering.

Anyhow, I'm an expert at dental procedures now. There are 2 parts to a root canal procedure with 4 appointments (and dam...coz it's only a procedure and not a surgery, I cannot claim medisave!!! ):

1) A few jabs of anesthetic to numb my gums and he started cleaning the tissues from the dead tooth, tunneling and cleaning deep into the tooth. According to ES, he saw the dentist insert a long pin-like looking thing covered with antibiotics to clean the tooth. He sealed it with a temporary filling and it was done. Next visit to be a month later to give it time to heal. In the meantime, I'm not to chew on that side of my teeth, everything else should be as per normal.

2) 2nd visit would be to remove the temp filling and check if everything is okay. He will then grind to make the teeth smaller and set the mould crown. Remove it and crown it with temp crown.

3) 3rd visit would be to remove the temp crown and replace it with the 'real' crown.

4) Followup check up to ensure the alignment of the crown is fine.

930 bucks. That's where my bonus is going to. ahhhhh.WTH.

And the tooth is achy now that the anethestic is wearing off...how to study like that.tell me how.

I'm going for a nap.

No comments: