Friday, August 14, 2009

dermatological experience

I WANT TO SHOUT....OUT .....LOUD. AHHHHHHH.

Eh..money not easy to earn, can my stupid upper lip be more tame anot?! I can't help to become instantaneously lian2-ni-fied in my language.

All because of a mildly peeling upper lip. It's mild and kinda red but not rotten. However, it IS irritating. I can't stop licking it and picking at the chapped skin. After trying a few balms and the internet recommended rosehip oil, I gave up and decided to seek medical attention.

Went to a Dermatologist located just outside Hg mall whom I visited 10 years ago in secondary school for my oily skin. Then, my mum bombed a few thousand on the treatments. A few grand then was a hefty sum. The treatments worked and my face cleared up but I did not continue coz it was simply unaffordable.

10 years later, I visited her again and got fleeced once more. I withdrew $100 thinking that it's like the max she can charge for a chapped lip. But I paid.....BREATHE IN...BREATHE OUT.... $299.

She commented it was food that's causing the allergy and particles stuck in my already dry lips causing the chapped lips. She suggested a jab that would cost $50 but I rejected it. If not, my bill would have been $350.

So what comes with this $299:
  • a Milk Cleanser for face and lips - $95 (confirmed)
  • A 20cent coin sized container worth of lip balm - $89 (confirmed)
  • 4 types of allergy pills - $30 (my guess)
  • a bottle of "plant mineral" extracts to be mixed and drank with water - $25 (my guess)
  • Consultation - $60 (confirmed)

I nearly lost my footing when I made my way out to withdraw more cash and felt my heart aching when I paid. I thought I felt hot tears in my eyes.

ES called me at the kodak moment when I just stepped out of the clinic and it was just plain swearing time after that.

I told the nurse that the medication better make my lips ooze shine and gloss and smooth like beancurd.

I should have studied harder to become a dermatologist.

No comments: