Thursday, September 18, 2008

CBD syndrome

Am attending this course called 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. learnt something about effective conditioning meaning people's behaviour get conditioned through repetitive rewards or punishment. E.g. when I bite my fingernails as a kid, my mum would give me a sharp slap on my mouth whenever she caught me doing it. Bite = slap = pain = stop biting nails. I kicked my habit since.

Read an article about a woman who beat up the maid and even her sons followed suit, ganged up to pour hot wax over her head. Again?! i thought. Don't these maid abusers ever learn their lessons? with all the reports on maid abusers and sadistic employers getting imprisonment.... they still do it and think they can escape.

They must be either stupid or insane. Effective conditioning obviously doesn't work for these bunch of people.

I think I'm suffering from the CBD phobia syndrome. The course is held at Robinson Centre and it's really daunting for a person who has been detached from working in CBD for a couple of years. Been teaching in neighbourhood previously and now working at non CBD area.. having to walk fast to beat the lunch and peak hour crowd is indeed horrific and challenging.

You should see how I saunter to work every morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey buddy I totally know what you mean by SAUNTER to work. ME TOO! haha non cbd working area rocks!

夏り said...

yeah! gimme 5! hate all the rushing madness.