Sunday, July 01, 2012

Blinded


Jason Mraz blinded all of us during his tour of Love is Four Letter Word concert at the newly opened Gardens by the bay. He used a different guitar with every change of song. And this was complementary to his amazing vocals and music. Not like some performers who use such gimmicks to cover up for their vocal incapabilities. Mr Curiousity and Details in the Fabric were surprising but thumbs up choices. I'm yours-Definitely oversung and abit stale in my opinion but still a crowd catcher. My personal favourite is Unfold! Somehow everything about the song screams out to me. LOVE IT.

I shall not mention the human traffic standstill at the end of the concert except that there's definitely room for improvement. It was an awesome night by the bay. Thank you Jason!

Gonna laze the sunday away as I was totally crushed by the late night after the concert and a whole saturday of shopping for the house renovations. Knocked out at 8pm last night till 8am this morning. shiok.

I'm staring at the headlines of TNP with two SUNs on the cover. Steph Sun and Sun Ho.

A controversial week as I see CHC goers professing their loyalty to their church, pastor and religion, all over FB and papers.

This is natural human pyschology to seek reaffirmation of their beliefs and choices. It is a way.. to ease their insecurity and that's how many people deal with uncertainties in adverse situations.

I'm a free-thinker. But ever since I witnessed how my bro turned for the better after my SIL brought him to church, I believe religion has its goodness and it works on some people.

Reading the comments sprawling all over media (not that I want to read but it's really ALL OVER) by some CHC members made me wonder if this goodness experienced by them has blinded them. So much so that the simple and straightforward values of what we have been taught in school about right and wrong, has gone down the dumps.

As much as it might seem confrontational now because we're right in the heat of the issue, we are not doubting your faith and sniggering at your 10% contribution to your church. It is the expression of unjust we feel at how your loyalty has been made use of for some illegal agenda. If I contribute 10% of my bloody salary (that's alot to me. not that we are paid very well in the first place), I jolly well want it to be used as how I've been promised. Simple.

Loyalty is one but I'm afraid their wait to see their pastor walking out of court innocent will not materialise.

Are these blinded people disputing the results of years of investigation done by CAD, or just refusing to believe what they fear might be the truth? To me, this is a clear case of fraud, and in a more emotional sense, betraying peoples' trust in them. This is unacceptable. Period. It is black. No room for grey.


I am very curious to know though, what could be the compelling reason for him to betray his followers' trust, emotionally and monetarily, pumping millions to support his wife's stardom.

Love for a woman? He's not even using HIS hard-earned money. He urged followers to wait to hear 'the other side of my story'. The story better be more earth-breaking than my TVB dramas. 

I'm really rubbing my hands in anticipation to see how it unfolds. Pun unintended.

Unfold - Jason Mraz

Hands in Line
Arms close to my side
I'm fighting tides
Of an ocean's undertow
And I figure that I might not make it
I'm taking empty but seldom speaking
And the words retreat
Yeah, they breath in histories
Still at ease
And the story's untold
And my arms unfold

My hands are high
And I'm holding on, I'm holding out
And I figure that I
Figure that I just might make it
And I'm waking empty but seldom sleeping
And the words repeat breathing histories
Into stories untold but I unfold

See now quality is what you see now
In the corner of your eye
And don't be surprised
If you hear the bells ring
As they form from the sky
They sound bong, bong, bong, bong, ba da
Yea yea bong, bong, bong,bong ba da yea, yea

And I'm always holding on
And I'm already holding out
Said I'm holding out your side
And I'm holding out this time
Cause I figure that I, and I figure that I
Just might make it and I'm
Waking empty but seldom sleeping
And the words repeat breathin histories untold
But I unfold 

No comments: