Sunday, July 08, 2012

Chinese food

sunday.

celebrated mama's bday at Taste Paradise at Ion. Seriously, one of my dining pet peeves are chinese restaurants like those in town area especially. Ding Tai Feng, Crystal Jade, Dian Xiao Er, Taste Paradise.. any restaurants serving chinese dishes... They are my arch enemies for overpriced chinese food.


We ordered a steamed fish, Peking duck, stir fry kailan with garlic,  braised tofu and some black pepper chicken at a price tag of 279 bucks. The food wasn't good and portion was pathetic. I was hungry but didn't dare to take another piece of fish as it means depriving others of it. 


Not that the food was great anyways. For 50 bucks per pax, I expect the food to be meant for the gods. No. All I ate was half a piece of tofu, one slice of chicken, ALOT of kailan (coz it wasn't nice hence nobody wanted to eat it), a tiny piece of fish, one rolled peking duck skin and rubber tough peking duck meat fried with bean sprouts (ya..the cheapest veggie on earth). $50.


I was so dissatisfied and so was ES. We went home and shared a cup of nissan black pepper crab noodles which cost only $1.35 but satisfaction level was sky high.


I don't like the idea of paying crazy prices for lousy chinese food when I can get 100x better, more accessible chinese food at zi char stalls for 1/3 the price.

Not to mention the horrific traffic jam out of the mall on a friday night.

Not my idea anyways and I didn't pay for it. But still, wanna complain.

No comments: