Sunday, July 29, 2012

Grazing @ Rider's Cafe - 51 Fairways Drive

It was much raved about by JY. He said the dining experience was really enjoyable, watching horses and ponies strolling in the stables as you savour every drop of the rightly cooked poached eggs on the sourdough.

I decided to steer them off course, away from our usual chinese sit down zhi char style family dinner. 


We woke up bright and early to graze at Rider's Cafe. JY was not entirely wrong. The ambience was great and relaxing, with the exception that not many active ponies in sight. Yes, I guess they'd rather hide in their air-conditioned stable in the smoldering heat. Most importantly, everyone enjoyed themselves at something..  the food, the phototaking or the unexpected dessert treat by ES at Marmalade Pantry next door. 

My verdict is that the food is not fantastic and if you don't drive, it's not really quite worth the effort. You might need to wait awhile to get seats too if you don't make reservations in advance during weekends. "In advance" I mean like at least 1 week in advance. I did a walk-in since reservations were full. And I was lucky to get a seat in 3 min! 

Well, I had a backup plan to go Picotin just nearby as well as recommended by my colleagues. Though I need not execute the B plan this round, I'll make it my A plan next round. :)

Blackstoned Eggs Benedict Set at $16.

Bananas and Bacon French Toast

Yummy family picture
Rider's Cafe

A horse was taking a walk..with us.

Rider's Cafe
Can you tell my okasan can't wait to start on the ginger pudding dessert at Marmalade Pantry?


No comments: