Sunday, March 20, 2011

LOST! Punggol Promenade Riverside Walk

I made another trip to this boardwalk after going with Jo yesterday. My target was to jog there, chill and I timed it so that I could see the sunset.

Address: 10 Tebing Lane, Punggol East. (imprinted in my brain...impossible to remove)

I started off at 4.45pm and got really lost though I had the GPS on my iphone. I felt really upset coz I'm still in disbelief that I can get SO lost.... in PUNGGOL...north-east area which is suppose to be my territory.

After 1 hour, I wanted to give up and head back home. But at the weakling thought that I did not manage to achieve what I set out to do made me whip out my iphone again. This time, I seriously tried to make use of my whatever's left of my sense of direction. I did finally set foot on the boardwalk. After a whopping 1.5hours..10KM? hediously CMI.

Ooh.. but I was in time to catch sunset though. Not great but not bad considering the trauma I went through. I also had a good laugh at those who drove to the place since the parking there is really pathetic and the queue was just ridiculous. Jog there people!

The way back was a sheer test of my patience and perseverance. I was thirsty like shit and when I saw 7-11, it was like seeing an oasis in a desert. I reached home with dinner for my mum and myself at 7.55PM. My mum thought I went missing and she nearly fainted from hunger.

Come jog with me, I swear I can run the CORRECT route with my eyes closed now.. come come join me.


No comments: