Saturday, May 29, 2010

I'm Contented..are you?

Almost every morning, I'll make an effort to grab my fave ohayo drink Teh-C from a stall at tekka market. Besides the really good quality tea and energy boosting dose of caffeine I look forward to, I'm also attracted to the auntie who makes the teh-c for me. She is efficient and always look like very on the ball, unlike many stalls who take their own sweet time but ended up still producing really sub-quality drinks.

That day, it was as usual. Except that I've been really irked by the roasting heat. I saw the auntie perspiring under steam from the hot water and of coz, from the weather.

I couldn't resist and grumbled, "Auntie, the weather very hot hor???? "

"Ya lor, very hot."

I peeped and tried spotting for a fan in her stall, " Do you have a fan in your stall?"

"No la, no fan. But never mind la. Treat it as losing weight, like sauna ma. haha."

"haha.. waa... you very good leh." I was full of respect for her optimism.

"Ya, cannot complain. Singapore very good liao, no earthquake, no natural disasters, no unrest, we're very lucky. Except for the weather la. haha. "

"Ya, I agree leh auntie. We must be contented."

"Ya, must learn to be contented." She quipped. I was in awe at the really meaningful message which made me more appreciative of everything I had.

This year, spent my bday with my best pals, sharon and zhe san @ J8 again. We ate at our fave wan zai HK cafe which is mostly our standard meeting place, for any gathering or occasion. We don't spend time wrecking our brains, deciding where to eat or where to meet anymore. We waste alot of time doing that when we were younger I think.

Instead, we spend more time enjoying the simple food we love, catching up and just being in each other's company.

~ @ Wan Zai in J8..our fave haunt~

No comments: