Sunday, February 28, 2010

Mural Painting @ IMH

My first attempt...or rather involvement in mural painting. It's really cool that les decided to revive her routine to paint for IMH. I think anyone who volunteers is admirable as forking out an afternoon from the already pitifully short weekend is what I call sacrifice.

This is the first time in 17 years, I set foot on IMH though I stay only about 14min away, by foot, from this place. Nice place, lots of greenery and really peaceful surroundings.

Besides some minor hiccups in the projector, everything went on smoothly as we unveil the scenery with strokes of our brushes. Lots of helpers too so things went on doubly fast. We spent a good 5-6 hrs doing up 2 plain walls though by 2 hours, the non artists were already stripped of their jobs, standing by watching the real artists weaving details and depth into the picture.

~Les's colleague's dad did this whole wall by himself...almost. He's really good.~

~half done...merging the colors of the mountains and trees. I painted the sea! The easiest. haha~

~ the other wall with a different picture. Didn't catch much of this wall coz there're super alot of artists working on it at any one time.~
Anyway, I left early to study. Halfway there mochi.

No comments: