Sunday, February 21, 2010

1 week before exams.

This is a usual post which I put up quarterly. It's exams time and I am totally not in the exam mood.

Help. Help.

Hopefully the i-gotta-start-mugging feeling grows stronger thru the week.

I'm in love with the Asian Food Channel on starhub cable ch69. Love watching cooking shows and shots of pretty food. I just caught this series called "Chopped". It's similar to project runway concept where the chefs are required to go through 3 rounds of cooking - appetiser, main course and dessert. Every round, 1 chef would be elimiated. Every round, they would be given a mysterious basket of ingredients which they have to makse use of in their dishes. They are also given a huge pantry of other basic ingredients which they can use to enhance their dishes.

The most interesting would be to see how they were surprised by the basket just seconds before they start their cooking and they had to think on their feet to whip up really creative dishes in 20 or 30min.

I want to subscribe to the channel! Well, the reason why I have this channel is coz of the free 1 month preview box I get from re-signing up for my cable Tv. And yes, it's a marketing gimmick to entice customers into subscribing more channels!! .... let me see how much it costs.

2 comments:

your friends at afc said...

its costs 4 dollars on the basic lifestyle tier! and you get 4 more channels

夏り said...

eh...who's that??? stop enticing me!! grrr. roar.