Saturday, February 21, 2009

1923 - 16 Feb 2009 - Grandma

totally konked out on bed just now. my eyes and body gave up trying to stay awake. ES was with me but I totally ignored him,unintentionally, as I catch up on my brain food.

Appreciate him being there today. The support among relatives and from friends in times like this makes everything less bleak. Thanks babu and gang and those who shared my grief for my grandma. Your condolences and words of encouragement kept me going.

Death is part and parcel of life but when it comes to the crux, it is humanly impossible to display such rationality.

Just managed to read in detail the exact cause of death stated on the death certificate - Spontaneous Subarachnoid Haemorrhage.

Subarachnoid haemorrhage (SAH) affects a person suddenly and usually without any prior warning.

It is a leakage of blood beneath the arachnoid membrane of the brain from a major blood vessel.

SAH causes the sufferer to develop sudden and severe headache, which is often accompanied by nausea, vomiting, neck stiffness and sometimes collapse, seizure and loss of consciousness.

That explained how sudden the whole episode took. She was well and all. There was indeed no prior warning. No time to even say goodbye.

The week seemed to zoomed by and it was routined. Wake up, wash up, go wake, go home, sleep. Minimal time is wasted between the last 2 activities. It all seemed like a dream. The cremation jolted me out of my dream telling me that grandma has left us. No matter how much I regret not spending much time with her, no matter how much tears i shed, how many times I call out her name, I will not be able to bring her back.

This butterfly was circling around the tentage for the past few days. For a period of time, it rested on the front end of the coffin. After I took the picture, it started flying around me. I am not a superstitious person but at the right time, right place, is it you ah ma?

Life goes on but I am missing you already. I believe you are at a better place now.

Mochi san will be back in action soon.

2 comments:

Rie said...

My condolences, Shirley. Take care.

Manfei Hu said...

Miss Chew,

Condolences. I hope you are doing good :( Life is sometimes so fragile but I believe your grandma is up in heaven where there are no more sufferings.