Monday, October 29, 2007

back to food and nutrition lesson...

hold your breath.... my foresty looking charlotte cake coming up......


baked this bday cakey for naz's bday! prettily messy! haha.. but i must say the lady's fingers sucks..don't really like the taste of it...so next time i'll replace it with toasted almond flakes instead. heh. kiasu me bought double portions of all ingredients.. and my cake ended up bigger than expected! haha.. still got 750g of choc spongecake mix and a whole carton of whipping cream left..wondering what to do with it... ~ super improvised,lazier version of the recipe courtesy of happily baking mrs kuo.. ~

think will bake a choc sponge for my colleagues or something. really liked the taste of the cake...nice fluffy and chocolatey.. yum. actually you won't believe how much of the cake I ate... 2 spoonfuls! somehow stuff that i make i dun like to eat... hahahah. i offered some to zhe and sharon san and the rest naz brought home...

met up with zhe and sharon san at zhe's place for a supper feast...zhe made dumplings for us which was simply oishii with chilli oil and vinegar...and me and sharon san dabao chicken wings, osyter omelette and satay from chomp chomp....

Ate till we drop. This is life.

3 comments:

Happy Mrs Kwok said...

Miss Chew,

Maybe the next time you can try removing the leaves from the strawberries and putting them upside down with the pointed part facing the top. I think that look sweet!

Also think you should try baking the sponge fingers yourself, deliciousss~ Btw, just wanna tell you that Cake flour is also known as Top flour! I went online to ask for an answer and had alot of pple telling me that Top flour = Cake flour. Hee~ Hope that helps :D

cheanderella said...

can i have a cake for my birthday too? looks quite good, i'm feeling a bit hungry now just loomking at it.. hehe

Anonymous said...

pretty leh the cake, looks like a garden with fencing and all...
making me hungrrrrry...