Wednesday, July 18, 2007

sleepily feeling a sense of patriotism...

3 days of induction have zoomed pass.

lots of talks conducted by various divisions,packed closely back to back, one after another. one problem that i always have since schooling days is the speed of me gaining restlessness during long talks or lectures. It's almost immediate that my eyelids will auto slip into a state of comatose once my maximum tolerance for boredom is hit. I emphasize only my eyelids, coz my brain and mind seriously wants to remain awake but apparently the signals communicated weren't strong enough.

that was how i spent my 3 days.. helplessly dozing off in the mid of every talk. felt bad and disrespectful to the speaker but i could only apologise.

Thank god for the interesting site visits which I made me feel so proud to be part of this organisation.

All the up and coming road/rail projects...
how land transport is operated and planned...
traffic management, what goes behind the scenes when determining the cycle time of the changing of traffic lights....
an indepth understanding of the unbelievably tedious planning and construction of the expressways...
how the ERP gantryworks...
and we got to view a super futuristic looking, high tech control room with traffic conditions all over singapore, displayed on a screen as big as the cinema's screen...

boring it may be, it did however make me better appreciate the convenience of this island's land transport system.

I can't believe myself just now when i actually took the newly constructed overhead bridge to cross the road instead of my usual jaywalking...haha.

No comments: