Sunday, July 15, 2007

about my job..

dropped by zhen's place today to pass her her pretty turkey lamp and she has kindly burnt copies of CDs of the Plain White T's for moi. arigato zhen san!

and her mousedeer n xiao bai have grown so huge..especially xiao bai.we were just remiscing how small and cute xiao bai was few years back... he was only the size of his current head now. err..okay..sounds abit weird ah the comparison..but yep..that's what we came up with.

did my usual jog just now after dinner..really need loads more exercise now that i've gotten into a habit of drinking TehC every morning..loads of milk n sugar.. it's became an addiction leh. bad bad. shall try to limit to 3 times per week la.

plus, my job hardly needs me to move my butt.. doubly bad. though the toilet is so near to my seat, I do make an effort to do little skips to the loo in bid to delude myself i'm moving. a total of about 5 tiny skips.

** yep..slight amendment to my previous post on the battle of the cat.. the meow meow belongs to ahmad..not babu. too confusing la..all bangkali names.**

anyway, everyone has been asking me about my new job but haven't been able to answer your queries proper. quite hard to explain by writing la..want to know meet me la. heh.

just a bit of info, i'm in charge of the staff suggestion scheme and some annual innovation competition plus the innovation fund which staff can apply for if they have good ideas on how to improve work processes. so they have to present n write reports to the committee who will approve their application for the fund and then they can do their trials... blah blah...on my end, i'll have to coordinate the meetings and write minutes and monitor their progress for their trials. lucky i have admin officers to do those routine stuff for me..

and as for me, my boss said i'll need to look at innovation as a whole and think of how to spur inno within the organisation. sounds super cheem to me.... whatever it is, i still think I should be learning ropes right from scratch in order to be able to answer my officers' questions..coz routine work may be routine but they'll still ultimately be a main part of my job lo... i feel. i need to get a feel of the whole thingy first.

and oh..im the secretary for another 4 committees.. think can die from writing minutes. my 1st set of minutes underwent a major revamp after the head of the committee vetted. Everything was amended leaving only 2 pathetic lines of my original text. 1 of which was the line that says " Recorded by: Shirley Chew". haha. best right.

mochi says: to err is human. come on mochi.. you're entitled to make more mistakes as a newbie..so take advantage of that right now..

No comments: