Thursday, April 05, 2012

my S100

My new toy. I wanted a compact camera though I have a DSLR. DSLRs are simply too bulky or not suitable for certain places or occasions... beach.. trekking.. simple gatherings. 

But I've risen to become more anal after being so used to DSLR quality photos. I get so irked by the noise and quality of the normal point and shoot cameras and had to spend alot of time doing post-processing to make the photos palatable to the human eyes... or my eyes. Ya.. eyes too atas already. 

My Canon ixus 860i had served me well for a good 5 years but technology's getting too advanced and I gotta say bye to it. I'm a die hard fan of canon. I have not started using it, but I'm pretty sure S100 will not disappoint me. Shall bring her go Bukit Timah Hill for trekking this Saturday. 

A really fun long weekend coming up. Gonna spend my fave gal time with SMB watching titanic 3D, trek, catch up w sharon san who's been drowning in work and collect my wedding rings. I'm sure it'll be a busily happy weekend.



Pic quality comparison: left is S100: Right is my ixus 860. normal non-flash mode.

In indoor low light condition, pic 1 is less noisy than pic2.

Color rendition in pic 1 is much more accurate than pic2.

No comments: