Monday, May 09, 2011

This is what I call a real GE

This is how a real GE should be like. Exciting, controversial and with everyone feeling that they have a stake in the future of our beloved nation.

I struggled to stay up to watch the results despite having worked in the killing heat for 15 hrs. KO at 1am and caught up with the news the next day.

WP won Aljunied GRC and Hougang SMC securing 6 seats in parliament. Compared to the pathetic 2 seats in the last 5 years, I think this is a feat and indeed a watershed election.

I'm not pro-opposition but I would like to see how the close margins would transform PAP. I'm a firm believer of competition and how it can bring about constant improvement to make things better.

For those who cannot accept the results and thinking of moving house in fear of property devaluation, shut up and move on. Democracy will die in your hands if you were in the political arena. There are bigger issues than this.

Let's give them a chance to really see what they can do. We are only giving them 5 years to prove themselves and it's a pretty reasonable timeframe.

Ganbatte Singapore!

No comments: