Saturday, October 23, 2010

23 days after

the excitement of seeing her slowly having a little more response every time I see her. Her eyes jerked opened yesterday, gave a yawn and as if she noticed her condition, her eyes suddenly welled up with tears with agitation as she could only move her eyeballs. We calmed her down and assured that we're with her. We did those response thingys like "if you can hear us, blink twice." and she did. "if you are awake, try squeezing my hands." and you could feel that she was moving her hands though she couldn't manage a squeeze.

Was she awake? She definitely looked more conscious than any day I've seen her. She was staring straight and when I asked her to look at me if she can hear me, she immediately looked towards my direction.

That feeling is really out of this world. Don't we take the ability to wake up everyday for granted?

No comments: