Thursday, September 30, 2010

not in the right frame of mind.. too free.

The recent garmen land authority $11.8m fraud sent chills down my spine. It's freakin' eerie that with such mountainous bureaucracy in garmen sector, people still have the audacity and free time to commit fraud. These people are MAD. Everyday I'm already so busy fighting the bureaucracy at work, can't imagine people have time to analyse and think of how to make money out of it.

Makes me feel that perhaps all the super layers & weeks I have to go through to get ONE freakin paper / email / memo /whatever, approved... is not that foolproof. If men is determined to cheat, they will be able to find loopholes to do that. Greed will help them. Systems and processes are man-made afterall.

And yes, it's testimony to my belief of 'you spend what you earn'. The more you earn, you also will spend more. Fraudsters can never resist the temptation to splurge their ill gotten gains on material wants, even knowing it'll draw unnecessary attention to that criminal acts.

Now... I'm just praying fervently that this idiotic incident will not affect the processes at work. I can imagine agencies starting to relook into their processes and reving up measures in view of lessons learnt from this incident. The snowball effect of such incidents can be scary. LTA's system is really robust I assure you. I seriously do not need a few more layers to further make the already decade approving process even more agonising.

We're over-worked. Who says garmen work is slack and not challenging. Come join me. We have LOTS of vacancies.

1 comment:

ayu said...

I think it will be the busy ones will really be stacked with work cos they can perform. Then the slack ones will just be very slack with minimal work responsiblities because nobody wants to hand them work etc!

Well but some government jobs ie. Army is really quite sian nang!

You just happen to get into the "wrong" type of government company!