Wednesday, April 07, 2010

I hate fevers

Had a freak bout of fever yesterday. I went to work as usual, only feeling kinda irritated coz of a freak sore throat that attacked in the middle of the night.

Dunno how it happened but it worsened super fast throughout the day and I was like a dumpling wrapped in 2 layers of jackets in office. Struggled to the panel clinic at Hg mall after work and I had a fever of 39deg. Couldn't make it to the interchange and I took a cab from hg mall to home...first time in my life.

Climbed into bed, all wrapped up, perspired, achy body and feelings of pins and needles everywhere.

Out of all the more common illnesses, fevers are like my arch enemies. Though I must say that it's lucky that so far my fevers are not persistent and usually subsides after medication. But they are powerful enough to leave you with a really drained body after all the battle your body went though.

I slept from 7pm last night till 12.30pm today which equates to 17 hours of sleep!! Unbelievable.

I learnt in psychology (Carl Jung? ) that illnesses are the body's way of telling you that your body needs the rest. Similarly, when a person experiences mild depression and doesn't feel like talking, it's the body's way of allowing you time to reflect upon the issues. This is incase of MILD cases la.

Well, there could be some truth to that.

No comments: