Saturday, August 18, 2007

we need more love in this world..

was pacing around orchard control while waiting for shan.. was on my hp, trying to call babu as our line got cut off earlier.

then i heard somemore shouting out loud " hello... hello... someone please..." repeatedly for a few minutes.. it was evening and the station was crowded.. but no one responded. including myself.


My view of the man was blocked by a pillar and as I walked to get a clearer view, i had a little shock. He was a blind man tapping his stick anxiously with his cries, hoping for someone to step forward.

I was on the phone and didn't want the conversation to be interrupted and just ignored. yes i did. in my mind I was thinking if it would take up alot of time if i were to guide him to the place he wanted.. or how to respond to his request if i'm not able to help. thoughts ran through my mind like sekali he's a bad guy or what (WTH, you watching HK drama ah!?!) .
on the other hand, i made out the logic that sooner or later, someone would help him one la. and sure enough, i saw a lady leading him up the escalator the next moment. my guilt pang eased abit.

how presumptuous human beings are.. always waiting for each other to make the 1st move. and not that I'm relieved that i wasn't the only one who held back at giving him assistance, but we do need to assume less and be less self centred.
I'm always the 1st to give up my seat to the more needy people on trains and buses... thought I'm fantastic already. hah.
there's always room for improvement mochi. ganbatte ne.

No comments: