Thursday, August 23, 2007

all ab0ut f00d

Food story 1: Gayathri Restaurant @ Little India.
Had planned to go gyming in the afternoon but last minute we arranged a farewell lunch for my manager.. just within the IE team aka. Innovation Excellence Team. So there goes my resolution to gym. Had $10 fish head curry at Gayathri Race Course Rd..just near my office. Food was good…better than the banana leaf which also serves similar dishes. $10 promo is only for every Wed Lunch…we had chicken masala, fish cutlet, mutton, and veggie..

Rating: **** /5

Food Story 2: Pepper Lunch @ Dhoby Exchange
So.. for dinner… Naz was betting that I’d not be able to stomach pepperlunch for dinner but I told him for the kuromitsu ice-cream I’d be there. Haha…recommended by babu… and it’s really oishii!! It’s soft ice-cream with gula melaka topping…thumbs up. Slurpz. The macha and sesame ones are not bad too. Loved my chicken pepper rice though I offered naz like half of my food coz I was really stuffed from lunch. In return, naz donated all his bean sprouts to me.. I love greens.

One down side is that it’s pretty pricey for fast food and the quality of food isn’t fantastic also for the price we pay. Naz complained that the steak was tough and his set was like $15. but I find my chicken pepper pretty tasty.. so no comments.

Rating: ***- hamburger & steak cut **** - chicken pepper rice
***** !! - soft ice-cream (kuromitsu, macha, sesame)


Food Story 3: Sun with Moon Japanese Fusion Restaurant @ Central, Clarke Quay
So my eating continues… dam. Went to Sun with Moon today for a colleague’s bday lunch. Their main courses are pretty ex and not very nice also.. but the desserts are good.. thumbs up. Presentation or taste wise…ichiban yo. A glimpse of a few pics of the desserts….

~their signature tofu cheesecake..texture was great and taste was thumbs up too...~

~macha tiramisu.. creamy and not too sweet~

~some buralle...forgot the name..but it taste like steamed custard egg.. ~

~our lunch ended with these sinful indulgences.~

Besides the mediocre main courses, the service quality of the staff also CMI.. they’re not like rude or anything, they’re actually very polite. But they’re just abit weird in their way of doing things and causes us a lot of inconvenience. Somemore we noticed that most of their service staff are not Singaporeans so we’ve got problem understanding their language and their puzzling reactions to our requests.

Rating: **..sigh - main courses *****..!! – desserts

No comments: