Sunday, September 16, 2012

Contented weekend

weekend was like a flower. I love flowers.
This weekend was well spent. I've got my dose of much needed exercise at bukit timah hike and cycling at the Punggol Waterway. Visited Putri's new abode at Punggol Sapphire and also had enjoyed a yummy homecooked dinner with lots of TLC courtesy of mama san.

Oh. I forgot about the 5k deposit I wrote to my carpenter for carpentry works. The full sum of carpentry is $14k but I believe I'm getting good value for money. haha. Cedric's gonna be so stressed..

Renovation vocabulary time!

Carpentry works in my hut includes stuff like kitchen cabinets, bathroom cabinet, wardrobes in master and guest bedroom, hanging overhead cabinet, tv console with feature wall and raised platform in my master bedroom.

I think the amount of money spent on carpentry is necessary, given the limited space of flats. Even though so... what fits in my wardrobe now can never ever fit into my new wardrobes though. That's a scary thing I'll have to deal with when I move in.

Nothing boastful, but I'm glad that me and ES unanimously decided to fix ceiling fans in all the rooms. Having visited Putri's home today seeing all the standing fans taking up very precious floor space and the heat in some rooms without fans at all, it reassured me that my decision was right to minimise dehydration in SG's weather.

I'm really excited at how my new home will turn out. It will not be perfect, nothing is. But I guess it'll be pretty close to my dream home... or rather to a dream home which we can afford.

Another piece of good news.. I'll be going on a short holiday to genting, malacca and maybe Penang with ES and papa and mama san. Looking forward to that and lots more. I'm so so deprived of my once a year long haul holiday. It's a saving money year where I'll just have to subdue my urge to travel for the well-being of my bank account. Focus focus...chanting.

Till then, back to work first. Happy Monday all.

works in progress. focus. do not disturb.

No comments: