Tuesday, July 06, 2010

ES can cook, so can You!

ES imposed a special personal project on himself - to cook a meal all on his own! We checked out some recipes from the Asian Food Channel website and he decided to try these!

I'm only in charge of photography and being his assistant, passing him pots, pans etc. The cleaning up was always the most dreaded part of the whole cooking process, which ES did on his own while I was busy preparing my lemon cheesecake for dessert. No pics of cheesecake coz it took too long to set...and when it set in the morning, we gobbled the bulk of it for breakfast.

~ The stuffed mushrooms were yummy. I liked the filling which was made with garlic, sour cream, cream cheese, pepper, salt and some herbs, topped with cherry tomatoes and mozzarella. Bake for about 15-20min @ 240deg. Makes a great appetiser and simple to prepare for gatherings!~

~ hard at work peeling garlic... eeks. I hate chopping up garlic..~

~ our main course was just as tasty just that it wasn't salty enough. This was improvised from clams and pancetta coz we didn't like both ingredients. I love the chicken ham, garlic and olive oil. It is just simple aglio olio recipe which I've cooked countless times..but with prawns. Chile actually = dried chilli. We figured that this is an angmoh recipe so they used dried chilli to minimise spice. I say...go for chilli padi..!~

Overall, 8/10. Good job baby! additional 2 marks for cleaning up = 10 marks! woohoo.

2 comments:

chean said...

can you get es to teach my sk? mine will wash dishes but can only do maggi mee and egg....

夏り said...

mine v versatile.. ahem. can do both. wahaha. but he complaint that he'll not cook in my place in future..coz no maid to clean up..v tiring. haha. cheh. ya. i will set the 2nd level assignment for him... to teach SK.