Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Terminate or Resign? Your choice

This is the 3rd piece of news I've heard that my friends were "asked to resign". Bluntly, the intention is to terminate your services but act like they are giving you a choice of "resigning" which would appear "nicer" on your resume. Also, it could be a way to cover up for themselves as there's a higher chance that firing cases could be brought up to MOM.

All these cases happened within the last 2 months. All the situations described were similar. They were told that they did not perform but could not give concrete examples and they were given the choice of being dismissed or resign from the job. The process was efficient as it was totally 1 way communication, my friends were not given a chance to clarify or defend themselves.

One even asked politely after listening to the executor," So, may I speak now?" only to be slapped with a cold hard "No. You may go." And in his case, he was just praised by the President a few days before on his presentation and the president told him that he'll bring him over to the HQ in front of 20 management staff. WTH. Is that what is considered bad performance? A new way of dismissal - compliment the person before breaking the news.

To me, this simply reflects bad management and it's a blessing in disguise, my friends, that you're out of the crappy place earlier than those who are quietly suffering. It's their loss and I only see a brighter future ahead coz I believe in you.

Ganbarimassho!!

2 comments:

ayu said...

wahlao wtf. what are the companies, remember to tell me offline. make sure i will never ever apply. kns.

cricetos.sp said...

Perhaps we should compile a private blacklist of all such companies and circulate it privately among our friends.