Monday, June 21, 2010

down and out

Throbbing headache, super diarrhoea, intermittent fever, sore throat... wrapped up my vietnam trip nicely. My body was telling me that I need to get out of the place!

The harsh cruel 42degree weather dehydrated everyone and provided great breeding ground for bacteria and viruses to multiply in our body.

I enjoyed the trip though, despite the weather. Interesting sights and all. First backpacking experience with my feeonchay and he's really fitto to carry that 55litre backpack! woohooo. Pics gotta come really later.

ES was down with flu and diarrhoea too on the 3rd day too and putri's hubby was also down with fever and cough. My medical kit never did so well before.

I shudder at the thought of nursing a fever in the hotel room in another country. With the 42deg heat outside, I wanted ES to switch off the aircon as I was feeling cold. You should have seen his face. I hid under the blanket instead, put on my socks and sweater, shivering my way through the night and shuttling back and forth the toilet 4 times in the night. At that moment, I wished I could be transported home.

Pampered I might sound but I hate that feeling and I never want to fall sick ever when I'm overseas!!! Ever again if I can.

No comments: