Saturday, January 16, 2010

see you offline!

Guy: okay..nice meeting you! See ya soon!
Gal: Ya, nice meeting you! *did an excited victory hand gesture* See ya online!

I was privileged to witness this momentus part of the conversation. It was an odd feeling seeing this right smacked at my face though it is not something uncommon or unusual. I sometimes do end off conversations with a date to chat further on MSN. But witnessing it and doing it are 2 different things. As the chinese saying goes...the people outside of the situation have a better perspective of the issue.

My very first reaction was at how ridiculous the conversation was, how sad we've been reduced to looking forward to connecting with friends in the cold virtual space. While I do agree that I'm also an avid FBooker, MSNetizen and blogger, Sharon san and me still couldn't help but looked at each other totally amused, quipping, " so sad right....HAHA."

Well, I may be wrong. That guy could be an irritating admirer which that gal was trying to ward off.

Whatever it is, it was great meeting up face-to-face with zhe and sharon san today.

No comments: