Monday, January 18, 2010

A gift of committment

She's super dupa cute! I handpicked her from the lot of hammies and I felt that she looked really smart and her fur was the most silky with a unique symmetrical dark grey line running down her back.

This was hammie whom I interacted with for all of 18hrs. Me and A shared it for Matt's birthday coz matt loves small animals! Essentially, we bought her a committment. haha. But I'm sure she'll be a great pet owner! This would not be a long committment though since hammies maximum lifespan is usually 2 years or a little more. If she's from Jap, probably longer. But she's not. sigh.

Abit sad and reluctant when I had to pass it to matt. Reason being she kept me company while I had gastric pain throughout the night. The pain was so absurd that I could only manage to curl up just like hammie in my bed. I brought the cage onto the bed and we spent almost 2 hours staring romantically at each other. She was way busier though, running up and down her bungalow, running on her wheel, burrowing through the shavings and feasting on her fruits and nuts supper. Hammies are REALLY nocturnal animals..super active at night and sleep dam ALOT in the day.

That was the highlight of my weekend. Shopping for hammie and oh, kite flying. Thanks to the great weather with monster strength wind, we managed to get the kite high up in the sky without much effort. We even ran to the nearest 7-11 to get another roll of string so that we can fly it even higher into the sky.

Fantastic peaceful weekend with the completion of 1 assignment too.

No comments: