Thursday, October 16, 2008

South Africa 2-10 Oct 2008

been swamped with work since i was back. that's the price to pay when we go on holiday. Well, I tell myself that work can never finish and I have my whole life to work my guts out..so. no point lamenting and take everything one and a time.

Sometimes I really miss times at call centre. Work was just work.. no backlog after holidays..no work to bring home after official working hours. Great work-life balance which alot of companies these days are ranting about but never achieve. When I earn enough money to feed me a lifetime, I probably will go back to taking calls.

just did tooth crowning coz my tooth filling in my back molar was too incorrigibly huge. busted 500 bucks on it and yes. I shudder at the thought of seeing my credit card bill. Trip and all. *shudders*

anyway, have loaded most of pics in facebook but not much description there..prefer to blog it down.

With the blink of an eye, my long awaited trip has ended..for a week liao. Wth. what's wrong with time????! sigh.

When's my next holiday mochi san? Love going on holidays. Life seems all meaningful again whenever I'm in touch with nature and immersed in the wonders of the universe, different cultures and unique intriguing sights of every country. I need this type of luxurious rejuvenation on a regular basis. It's worth every buck.

~sunrise at MABULA GAME RESERVE.. couldn't take my eyes off the rays that were shimmering in the sky.. though not that obvious when captured on the camera..~

~ Buffalo. One of the Big Fives of South Africa. The other four are Elephant, Lions Leopard and Rhino~
~ Cast of SA trip: Sharon san, mochi san, Omelette (aka wee siong...omelette is a christian name we gave him coz he kept eating omelette!), junyi san.~

~ sharon san got potential to be construction worker for my company..haha..no la..it was a 5.30am game drive. we were following so close to the land rover infront that the sand and dust were swept conveniently onto our faces.. we were virtually eating sand. and to stop talking, at least for me, was quite impossible. So we had our starter before our breakfast~


~ the huge rhinos! one of our best takeaways and one of the best shots I've taken of the big five!


~say cheese..wishing ourselves luck for more animal spotting..~

~ 1st try at horse riding...fun!~


~simba! kawai ne.~
~very tamed young lion. 1 year plus I think. still harmless.~


~ both me and sharon san totally enjoyed the ride.. though we dun get to spot animals every minute and there can be dry spells, we amused ourselves and tortured the rest by our singing.~


~ concluded that deers are camera sensitive and photogenic animals..~

~ best shot I could get of a whale sighting from the bumpy coach.. sugoi.~


~ think it's my fave shot for this whole trip. totally cute.~


~wine tasting. looked like i was enjoying it? I poured almost everything away except for the dessert wine which was sweet and nice. ~


~fastest animal on earth...cheetahss. The weather was blaxing hot and all the animals were taking shelter under the shade..~

~some expensive residential area ...can't remember the name though.. a real good place to retire..sit by the sea and watch whales everyday..~


~beaming rays from the sun again..awesome.~


~fatty seals lazing on the rocks. They call this seal island. They distracted me quite a bit but I still fell seasick after that.


~ i was there!~
~a parting shot at Cape Point~

~beautiful coastal landscape of capetown.~


~candid shots by sharon san.. didn't expect the pecking to be so violent. hence...~


~magnificant shot of the table mountain. It is common belief that if there are clouds over the mountain, it means it will rain soon.~


~ a shot at signal hill~

No comments: